Carolina Velocity Player: Code of Conduct General Conduct
• Always conduct yourself with respect.
• Always respect other people and property – you are an ambassador for the club always.
• Maximum effort is a minimum requirement – always take pride in your performance, even at training.
• Attend all training sessions and games punctually.
• Pay complete attention to the coaching staff.
• Always wear the appropriate training gear.
• Always wear shin guards for all training and matches.
• Always warm-up and warm-down before and after training and matches.
• Always help with equipment during practice. You should not need to be asked.
• Always get a good night’s sleep prior to any games.
• Learn the rules of the game.
• Be appreciative of your parent’s support.
• Have a good attitude, both on and off the field.
• Be proud of your appearance on the field. Make sure your cleats are polished before each training session and game.
• Always show good sportsmanship.
• Accept any decision given by the referee.
• Never retaliate, verbally or physically, no matter what the provocation may be.
• Always apply correct dress code when traveling.
Code of Conduct for Parents
• Refrain from coaching from the sidelines. Do not shout at any players. Leave the coaching to the coaches.
• Keep the winning of games in perspective. Player development is the most important thing. Encourage and support players. Do not place an unwarranted amount of pressure on the players, including post-game discussions.
• Ensure that players attend trainings and games regularly and on time.
• Give adequate notice for all absences from training and games. Be honest in all dealings with coaching staff.
• Attend all pre-arranged parent’s meetings.
• Keep the coach fully informed of any injuries or matters that may affect performance.
• Parents to be respectful of all coaches, players and referees.
Club Communication and Structure
As parents or players involved in the club, it is important you know who to go to if you have any questions. For questions involving your son/daughter, you should approach your coach to have a conversation about any issues/concerns. (Please follow the code of conduct and do not approach a coach straight after a game or practice. Please wait 24 hours before approaching with any issues/concerns). If you feel that the problem isn’t resolved or you didn’t get the answer you were looking for, you can approach the Director of Soccer.